Human skin is a great protection for your body because it prevents your organism from the destructive environment. It is common to see and touch our own skin during the day, but there are some facts, which you probably don`t know about your own skin.
13 Amazing facts about human skin are the following:
1. Your skin is the largest organ of your body. Its area is about 2 square meters.
2. Skin care can enter the bloodstream after 26 seconds.
3. The skin weighs a lot. Almost 16% of your body weight.
4. Human skin has three layers: epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis (subcutaneous layer). The epidermis serves as an external protective barrier. The dermis accounts for 90% of the skin thickness. The subcutaneous layer consists of fat and collagen cells.
5. Indeed, almost forty thousand dead skin cells disappear from you every minute.
6. Your skin has a different color at birth. Even in characteristically colored races, including the Negroid, children are born lighter than adults and darken in the first few days after birth, when the blood circulation will bring the skin the necessary pigments.
7. Scars occur when you damage the middle layer of skin. Collagen from the subcutaneous layer, in this case, acts as a repair tool.
8. On a hot day, you can lose up to 13 liters of liquid with sweat. The only places a person who never sweats – the base of the nails, lips, eardrums and the tip of the penis.
9. Drawing on the pads of the fingers – those same prints that everyone has – serve to increase friction and reliable grip. Every one of us is a little Spider-Man.
10. Initially, mankind was dark-skinned. And only about 50,000 years ago, when migrating to the northern latitudes, the melanin pigment level was evolutionarily reduced.
11. The thinnest skin on your eyelids – it does not reach 0.05 mm, and the thickest on the soles of the feet – its thickness can reach up to 3 mm.
12. The skin regulates body temperature. In the heat, in addition to sweating, the blood vessels expand and heat is transferred directly to the skin through the skin. In the cold, they tend to narrow.
13. When you are older, the skin becomes thinner and drier and loses its elasticity. Actually, that’s why wrinkles arise.
If you want professional skin care services to contact us to learn more!