Vascular Lesions Vancouver & Facial Thread Vein Treatment
Regenlite Laser is a revolutionary non-invasive treatment. This Pulsed Dye Laser can successfully treat a variety of vascular and benign cutaneous lesions such as:
- Telangiectasia (Facial thread veins)
- Cherry and Spider Angioma
- Port Wine Stain
A full consultation for vascular lesions Vancouver will be necessary to discuss your treatment needs and whether your problems are suitable for laser treatment.
HOW IT WORKS
Nlite’s yellow light beam passes through the top layer of skin (the epidermis) specifically targeting the blood vessels in the dermal layer underneath that form the vascularity. These vessels are heated and damaged and the bodies’ natural healing process is stimulated to repair this damage and reduce the appearance of the condition.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
Total time for treatment will depend on the surface area that your lesion covers so treatment can be from only a few minutes to longer. Each pulse of the laser covers a 5mm diameter area.
The results of each treatment session will be reviewed approximately two weeks post procedure and further treatmentperformed if deemed necessary. The number of sessions required varies depending on the lesion type and this will be discussed with you during your consultation. Most people with broken veins on the face require 2 –3 treatments.
Regenlite laser is not suitable for clients who:
- are pregnant
- are taking medications which creates light sensitivity
- are taking certain anti-seizure medication for epilepsy
- are taking Roaccutane tablets and for one month after finishing Roaccutane.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT FEEL LIKE AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTERWARDS ?
Unlike some treatment options, Regenlite treatment is relatively painless with no need for anaesthesia or invasive needles. Most people merely experience a short warm ‘flickering’ sensation as the laser pulses. Very vascular conditions will often feel more sensation than diffuse redness. It may be that you will feel less sensation on successive treatments as the condition reduces.
Immediately that the laser pulses, you are likely to see a red blotchy response, which is usually followed by bruise formation within a few seconds to a few minutes later.This bruise is formed by capillary bleeding from the laser impact, and is quite normal to stimulate the healing process. This bruising may darken in the 24 hours post treatment but usually begins to fade after 48 hours. Some bruises can be visible for 10-14 days after treatment, but can be hidden using make-up.
The treatment is suitable for all areas of the face and body. Visible responses on the lower body, especially the legs and ankles, can take longer to fade. In rare occasions there may be a micro-crust formation over the treated area for several days after treatment. It is important that you do not interfere with this as it may lead to introduction of infection in the area. You will be given further advice and after care instructions by your laser operator after your treatment.
N-Lite laser treatment is not effective for large blue veins or varicose veins on the legs. Small red veins on the legs may respond to this treatment. All treatments are performed by a highly qualified medical operator following a thorough consultation.
- If you are using any type of Retin-A, glycolic acid or AHAs on your skin, we recommend that you stop them approximately one week prior to your appointment date unless we have instructed you differently in your consultation. You may resume these products approximately seven days after your treatment.
- The use of aspirin and aspirin containing products should be avoided for one week to 2 days before your appointment date, unless these are prescribed by a Doctor for serious medical conditions such as heart disease. You can take Paracetemol for pain or fever instead.
- Since Regenlite laser in its Skin Rejuvenation mode, produce a low grade inflammatory skin response, the use of anti-inflammatory products such as Nurofen, Ibuprofen, Voltarol and other NSAIDS or Anti-histamins will reduce the results that you get. Therefore, it is our advice that these products are not taken at all for at least several days before and after treatment.
- During clinical research it has been found that the effects of smoking drastically reduce the results of the Nlite laser, therefore it is very important that you do not smoke on the day of treatment, or for 48 hours after treatment, to ensure the effects of the cigarettes are completely removed from your system.
Contact us to book a vascular lesions Vancouver treatment!